Saturday, December 3, 2011

Life challenges

My mom and brother will not be coming for Christmas.  That is ok.  They don't like to travel with the uncertainty of reaching their destination (ie: Denver, snow, etc.).  Omaha isn't that much different than Denver, when it comes to snow and unpredictability.

Well, Lance and Rebecca have moved in.  I think this will be a good thing for all of us.  It will help me financially, as it will them.  We just have 5-6 vehicles to park according to HOA rules, which is an on-going challenge.  We also have 3 dogs now.  I have my 'apt' in the master bedroom.  So, I have a place of peace, more so than what I acknowledged I had before.

I listened to the home voice messages today.  I don't always check them, which I should.  I had two from a debt collections agency.  Oh boy!  It is against the house in Avondale that we did a Deed In Lieu on both mortgages. We did get a 1099 on both and they kept sending me payment notifications after we settled it.  I'm assuming it is the 2nd mortgage, which was $78k in 2009.  I'd have to file bankruptcy, if this happens.  I've put so much money into paying down my debt to now be looking at bankruptcy.  I should have been filling a mattress or something, if that is the case.  I've sent messages to Jame (divorce lawyer) as the decree says that the credit cards and the truck are my debt, however they all remain as joint accounts between me and Gary.  I have Andrew's truck as well.

I so want to talk with Kent, but I don't know all of the facts.  I need to know the facts before I jump the gun.

I contacted my tax guy to confirm how we handled the 2009 taxes and those 1099's.  I know we didn't pay taxes against them.

Oh, I was in such a state of peace until I listened to those voice messages tonight.  I'm happy with my household situation, I'm happy with the relationship with Kent - and am patient for his timing, I'm dealing with things better at work.  Dang it!

I even pulled the appraisal for the wedding ring and was thinking about selling the ring to a pawn shop.  They have some nice rings there!  I bought a ladder from a pawn shop, the first time I ever stepped foot inside of one.  I'm such a hick from the sticks!

Dear Lord, please walk me through what I am supposed to do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment