Wow! It has been way too long since I last posted. The wedding has come and went. The kids are in Kent's house and Kent has moved in with me and Dylan. We have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings together as husband and wife, which we long for every week. I love my husband! The difference in the mood / feeling of the home is incredible. I didn't realize how much anger and pain was around the home while married to Gary. It let up when I moved into the condo, but the positive influence of Kent moving is extremely noticeable. I believe the kids feel it too.
I had an opportunity to interview for a company on the East side of Downtown phoenix. It would have been a $15k increase + 7.5-15% annual bonus + annual raises. However, I am pretty spoiled with my extremely flexible schedule and having Fridays off. With Dylan also having Fridays off through the school year, it will be so much fun! The money would have been very nice to pay down all of the debt, however, Gary would have probably submitted for reduction of the child-support. I need to count my blessings and continue with the priorities in my life.
I have fallen behind with my devotional time with God compared to when I was in the condo. I just need to do it. I also just need to exercise and reduce this weight.
This past Monday, Andrew and Keisha welcomed in the next generation - Keira Dawn Paasch. Andrew is working on getting his name change. He went to the courthouse this week, but then realized he has to schedule a hearing with a judge, 4 business days after he applied for the name change. They allowed them to name Keira anything they wanted. The birth certificate has Andrew as Hartman right now, but will be changed once he changes his name. I like this grand parent thing. Lori, Keisha's mom is here for a couple of weeks, however, she is wearing out her welcome. Keisha wants to bond with the baby and Lori is providing too much help...then turns around to make the kids feel guilty about everything she has done. Andrew called to vent the other night, which he appreciated. I think they are realizing how good they have it with me and Kent. :-)
We celebrate Dylan's birthday (10 years old - June 11) tomorrow with friends of his over the lunch hour and then with Kent's family in the evening. I made cakes, frosting and decorated them. I put them on cake boards. I can't compete with Ashlee and what she accomplished for our wedding cake, but Dylan is very happy with the results. It means a lot that I made it for him.
I asked Dylan what his dad got him for his birthday. They had bought him a bike awhile back so that they could go bike riding when he was with them. They decided that was his birthday present. WOW! He was disappointed. He got leggos and will be getting a gift card for Game Stop from a friend, us and family. I got him covered!
Kent is feeling a bit under challenged at work. He engaged a head-hunter / recruiter several years ago. He has been getting some job leads. He applied for the Lead Operator position at work and didn't get it. He was a little disappointed, but it was given to someone with a bit more seniority than he. There are a lot of changes happening there and I don't think he likes where it is going.....possibly being merged with the Help Desk and share duties. Not sure. So, he is responding to some of the leads from this recruiter. Who knows what our future is going to be.
We've been looking at new build homes...dreaming. Just trying to figure out a good location, with Dylan attending Odyssey Charter school. I think McDowell and Estrella Pkwy looks good or the Southern part of Verrado. We'll be taking to a mortgage broker (thanks Vicki & Brian) probably around Nov to see if it is even possible for us. I'll hire movers, that is for sure. This body is done with moving and it is just too much for Andrew and his shoulder. Maracay Homes has a nice community in Verrado. That would be just 2-3 miles strait North of the High School campus for Odyssey.
Then again, Kent was entertaining a contract with SRP...located just on the other side of DownTown - Tempe. So, we briefly discussed the East Valley as a new location. However, we have so much (friends, family, church) over here. It would be nice to be farther from Gary, but who knows how the visitation negotiation on that would go.
So, a few changes on the horizon.
Oh, we don't know what will happen with Andrew and Keisha's future either. With him graduating from UTI next year, will they stay in town? I pray! The reserves are here (he went active in the Marine Reserves again through Luke Air Force Base). He admitted that we are here and have provided them so much support...let alone pending babysitting options for them to have some time for just them.
Hugs to all!

No comments:
Post a Comment