Wow! What a weekend! I am working long hours (10 hour) days this week, so that I was able to take off most of Tuesday. Kent was off Sunday-Tuesday. Sunday, we drove to Sedona for a day trip. Andrew and Keisha were going to go, but she didn't feel good and they stayed home. It was laid-back and relaxed. I wasn't thinking if I was doing something wrong or right. I was just happy being with and talking with Kent. I've never felt so comfortable with a man before. He lets me be me. He likes my sarcasm and silliness. I wanted to take pictures of the sunset from the Sedona Airport. As the sun went down, it got cold. The wind was blowing bad too. Kent was in shorts and is more sensitive to cold. He didn't complain, but stayed by me until I was done with my pictures.
I love these pictures and I am appreciative of the sacrifice of warmth to wait for me from Kent.
On Monday, we spent the afternoon with his mom, dad, uncle, and aunt. We played Sequence for hours (11 games - boys against girls). I laughed so hard and had such a good time. His mom has a tradition when Kent leaves (or Dale, her other son). She signs "I love you" as they leave and they return the sign. I witnessed this several times and realized I had to be invited to participate. Upon leaving Monday night, his mom explained it. She gave me the sign and said 'this is for you'. When we left, I signed back, with Kent.
Later Monday night, I was busting at the seams and told Kent I had to say something. He was worried it was something bad. I told him that I thought I was falling in love with him. He said, good, I was wondering how to tell you the same thing. I told him, it wasn't that easy and he had to say the words. He said 'I love you'.
Yep, I'm in love! I love being me and feeling so comfortable and safe with him. I've never felt this way with a man before. We've connected on so many levels - intellectual, spiritual, emotionally, and physically (all within God's plan / guidelines).
Kent enjoys being around my family and I enjoy his. He calls Andrew, Keisha, and Dylan 'the kids' instead of 'your kids'. He has started to claim ownership. He has told me to do the same with his girls. The two youngest come for a visit July 30 for 2 weeks. Ashlee, the oldest, has decided not to come. Not sure why. But, we are going to have a blast with the younger two. I'm sure Ashlee will regret not coming. Hopefully, she will come back with the other two for a week over Christmas.
I asked Kent to join Dylan and I as we return to Nebraska for a visit with my family. He has accepted and is trying to make his work schedule fit the timeline. I should know tomorrow if he is planning to go with us. Yea!
Am I pushing marriage, no! I am enjoying the journey right now. I'll take the blessings. I need a few right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment