As a family ages, we go through different stages. I know it is a risk to have Andrew and Keisha move in. I'm not looking through rose colored glasses. We had our first 'family meeting / intense fellowship' today. I was getting upset that I wasn't seeing progress with Andrew finding a job, contacting the VA to start his disability benefits, and to move up his start date for UTI classes. He didn't realize how much of a pinch I am in right now. He is going to be getting a paycheck for VA benefits and for his stipend with the GI bill. However, it will take some time for those items to come into our mailbox. Until then, I have to carry the expenses for the household.
He thought I was over reacting. Thank goodness, the conversation took place in front of Keisha. Everything worked out in the end, but it took a bit of tension to get there. I'm glad I had the conversation, as it established some ground rules and expectations that weren't truly clearly communicated before. They are running off of a spreadsheet now and are aware of the rent and utility bill sharing they are responsible for.
Well, off to soccer practice (indoor).

No comments:
Post a Comment