Kent and my relationship continues to grow. We have recently gotten into heavier subjects. It is so natural, open, and honest to talk with him, more than in the past with anyone else. We've both shared about the hurts of our divorces and the fear of the future.
This weekend, we will be going to Sedona together and taking Andrew and Keisha with us. Also, we'll be spending more time with his folks. I've modified my work schedule to work longer days to get an additional day off, when I don't have Dylan in the Summer. This gives me the day off to match up to Kent's schedule. He appreciated the modification to spend more time together.
He has been asking me to plan time with his girls when they are here in August. So, I decided to ask him.....to join Dylan and I in Nebraska to meet my mom and my family. He said yes! He needs to work on his work schedule to make sure the shift is covered, but he really wants to go and is honored to be asked.
We were asked at bible study/neighborhood if we were engaged. I guess the 'normal' is that a couple will start to go to church together and bible study on a regular basis after the engagement. I guess we aren't normal, but doing this first.
He is becoming more and more comfortable with me and my family. He is becoming more open and confident. We are discussing our differences and how to compromise. It is so refreshing to have an open and safe relationship. I don't feel threatened or 'man handled'.
Last night, it was cool / comfortable enough to sit on the patio. The stars were out. I use to lay on the flat-bed wagon on the farm, look up at the stars, and talk with God. I recalled this memory while on the patio last night. I felt that God was there with us (Kent and myself) while we were talking and God was smiling.
Kent agrees to go slow with our relationship and to wait for sex until after marriage.
If this is for a short period of time or for the rest of my life, I am going to enjoy today. Thank you for this gift, God!

No comments:
Post a Comment