Monday, May 16, 2011

Move

Thanks to some very special friends (Vicki, Brian, Stan, Lori, and Kent), the move is successful.  I have internet and tv as of this noon. I have even put some pictures up downstairs to make it feel like 'home'.  I pray that I will be able to stay here for awhile and that Andrew & Keisha will stay here as well with the baby.  We can then get our finances to the point where we are debt free.  Keisha is so easy to get along with and I pray that continues.  I found out today that she does not believe in God.  I will need to pray for her.

Kent went to Thor (movie) with me and the boys and Keisha.  The boys were so out of control happy to see each other, it was almost embarrassing.  But, Kent understood and said he loved the interaction, as he misses his girls.  We had some nice talking time.  Unfortunately, there were some interruptions with Andrew and Dylan.  Privacy time is definitely going to be a challenge.  But, we have several places to set-up private conversations (front porch was nice last night, back porch will be nice once the new furniture is put together, and the 3 living room type areas).

Dylan was a bit nervous and anxious with sleeping upstairs with the rest of us downstairs last night.  But, he finally did go to sleep.  He was able to spend the afternoon with Andrew.  The boys are much calmer today.

I've been holding Kent's hand, even in church lately and it feels wonderful.  We've held hands walking too.  As I learn more about him and he opens up more, he is more confident.  I do enjoy the fact that he is taller than me - at 5'11'', this is important to me and rare.  I feel comfortable and safe in his arms when he holds / hugs me.  It is weird that I have to remind myself that we are in our 40's (I am 46 and Kent is 49).  I feel younger.  :-)

The boys were talking about going to Amazing Jakes and we were trying to figure out a good time.  Kent chimed in and said, "what about August?".  His girls (hopefully all 3) will be here.  He wants us all to go and have fun together.  What a crew!  I am so looking forward to it!

The sermon series at church has been fun.  Kent and I actually talk about the sermon on Sunday.  Gary and I never did that.  I can't compare everything between these men.  But, I so believe that Kent and I are equally yoked with our faith more than Gary eluded to.

No comments:

Post a Comment