Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas for me....every day

Well, I solved the Christmas present dilemma for Dylan (see previous post).  This morning, I told him that we would go see the matinée movie of Megamind after school.  He was able to brag all day (last day of school before a 5 day break) that he was going to go see Megamind.  Kids were offering lunch and anything they could think of to trade places with him.  We made the 5:10pm showing.  He ordered and paid for the tickets at the window, opened doors for me, ordered popcorn and an icee, and we shared time.  We laughed and enjoyed our time together!  A good Christmas present for both of us....every day.....time with each other.  :-)

I talked with Andrew today.  He is anxious to come back and spend time with us.  He is getting ahead of his finances and planning on how to buy a new truck.

Yep, pretty good 'every day Christmas' for this mom!  Time with my boys!  Building memories every day of the year.

I hope to see the new Harry Potter movie with Dylan on Friday and then the new Tron movie with both of the boys in December.  I ordered lego's for the boys to build....needed something to put under the tree.  Both of the boys are excited about putting up my Christmas decorations as a family.  I usually do it the Friday after Thanksgiving.  This year, with Andrew flying in late on Friday, it will just have to be Saturday.

Thank you, my precious heavenly Father, for helping me guide through these holidays and turn them into precious memories for me and my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment