Sunday, November 21, 2010

Friends

Impromptu, I went out for dinner with 2 families.  It was so nice sitting around the table with activity.  I wish Dylan were there too, as the two young boys really wanted to spend time with him too.  A high school graduate voluntarily sat between the two young boys and thoroughly enjoyed himself.  The young boys thought they were so special.  David, you have an amazing gift with children and you touch the lives and hearts of those you interact with.  The pictures of you in Haiti and the kids that were around you, it is representational of how you touch that age group, no matter what the cultural differences.

I was planning on going to a different event, but I'm glad I changed my mind at the last minute.  Current friends, expanding the relationships, and enjoying life are more important than finding new friends....spreading your time too thin.

I was contacted by the media team late last night via e-mail.  I had observed last weekend.  I'm so excited about being a part of this team and learning all of the different pieces that comprise the media (big & little screens up front, 2 remote control cameras, as well as the back-wall screen for the band and pastor's notes).  I know I won't get to meet a lot of people, as this is a 'behind the scenes' type of job.  But, it is something I can sink my teeth into and it uses my skills.

I didn't update my blog, which I should have.  Earlier this week, I was told that I did not qualify for the loan to purchase my condo/villa.  However, there is one more avenue.  There is an owner who wants to sell his, which would be for a huge loss.  I'm told he is interested in 'carrying the loan', which means he becomes my bank who holds the mortgage.  This is done, but rarely.  The paperwork is all worked through the title agency and done as a 'by owner' sale.  I'm going to contact him.  It does look like some renters have moved into the unit.  But, I could start the negotiations in purchasing the unit and then moving into it after the current renters satisfy their lease.  Or, we could 'swap units' when the time comes.

Well, better start focusing on laundry, catching up with my time with God, Sunday paper, and football.  Dylan comes home at 3pm today, it is earlier and earlier on the weekends Gary has him.  I guess he had something at church he had to attend that came up at the last minute.  Funny how church is more important than time with your son.  I know...too judgmental.  I couldn't do it, if I were the one that was extremely limited on time with Dylan.

Andrew flies in on Friday afternoon.  It will be SO NICE to have both of my boys here again.  I don't know when Andrew will be able to come back again.  But, I will enjoy this precious time I have with him now.  Thank you, God, for the wonderful timing of your control to ensure Andrew was so accessible this year to me.  I really needed you and him close.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment