Julie and Vince are coming into town the first weekend in December. Julie was my maid-of-honor and I was her's. I've known Julie for, wow! can it be?, 19 years?!! We pick up where we left off every time we see each other....which is usually 2-4 years between visits. They are here for the www.getyourpigon.com BBQ competition. I've booked a room at the resort / casino for Andrew and I. I decided that made more sense then driving back and forth all weekend. We will be helping vend sandwiches Friday and Saturday. We'll probably need to help get them to the airport on Sunday too. So, I'll get my pet sitter to watch my pugs and just have fun! Gary has 'plans' Saturday night, for his weekend with Dylan, which doesn't include Dylan. So, Dylan will come over to the hotel and have fun with us for the night.
Dylan and I are going to go see MegaMind at the theater tomorrow night after school. He doesn't have school on Wednesday and spends the day with Dad on Wednesday. We'll go see Harry Potter on Friday and then wait to see Tron with Andrew. Andrew flies in on Friday afternoon, and I can't wait to start the 21 days with him!
The comments / honest truth from Dylan after he spends time with his dad (as he did this weekend) are tough. Dylan asked Gary if he could have some assistance in buying me a Christmas gift. I wish he would have just said that he won't buy his ex-wife a gift. No, he says he is going to spend his money on Jeanie (girlfriend) instead of mom. What is a boy supposed to do with that?! So, he tells me and he wants to buy me a gift. So, I'm going to have him take me to the movies. :-) I'll give him the cash and he can order tickets, etc.

1 comment:
Why doesn't Andrew take Dylan shopping for you - great bonding between brothers?
Post a Comment