Friday, November 11, 2011

Just taking my time

This going slow is so rough for me.  I did do two loads of laundry this am.  But, took 2 naps before 2pm.  Dylan played with Kyle for a couple of hours.  We are at the Chess Tournament now.  Dylan lost the first round, 2nd round was a by (earned a point on that one) and is in the 3rd and final round right now.  I hope he wins.  It will be the first night he walks with 2 points for the night.  I think he would get a trophy then.  He just started playing a game with me before the 3rd round.  He has some new moves!  I'm proud of him!

My chest feels a bit better.  I think I was getting close to bronchitis / pneumonia.  Rest is the best thing, to try and prevent it from getting too bad.  If I miss it, I have to have the Z-pack.  I don't want to do that again.

Gary gave me a payment this morning, which I wasn't expecting.  It was towards the retirement he owes me.  It was the balance owed.  $2,800.  However, he didn't complete the check correctly - numeric didn't match written word.  So, he is going to give me another one tomorrow, via Jeanie.  I guess Dylan tells me that Tim's son will be coming as well.  Interesting!

He is playing so much longer this tournament.  That shows improvement.  I pray that chess club continues next semester.  However, they haven't posted the dates, like they have done for other schools.  Not a good sign.  I think that is why the coach is offering private lessons.  We'll see.  I sent him an e-mail asking for clarifications.

3rd round is done.  HE WON!  Now, we'll see if he gets a trophy.

He got a trophy!  I'll post a pic in a bit.  2nd place!

No comments:

Post a Comment