Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Update

Things are turning around, maybe only in my mind.  I am not coming down on Keisha and Andrew.  I'm letting them deal with it.  Keisha is pregnant.  She went to the OBGYN and it is confirmed.  She is probably about a month along.  So, we are looking at a June birth....my calculations.

Keisha is going to look into welfare.  Because I'm part of the household, I have to give up a lot of information, including salary and other bills.  I'm not sure if I want to do that and have her have access to all of that.  But, anything is a help.

My blood work came back.  My cholesterol and hemoglobin results are all normal....even with my weight.  I am losing a lot of blood (menstrual).    I've been bleeding since Oct 10.  The dizziness is very scary.  So, there is no explanation to the dizziness.  I am going to stop the depo and go back to normal aging cycles.  It is better than what I am experiencing now.

I fixed the Wii tonight.  I googled the problem.  The suggestion was to take all the batteries out and unplug the console for a few minutes.  I had Dylan do that and it worked.  I was a hero to him.  I loved the smile!

The frig is creating ice (free ice) and water.  The freezer is fixed, defrosted and working like it should be.  Both for less than $100.  YEA!

Kent needs some help with his yard.  Now that it is cooler, he wants to work on it.  We'll see when our schedules will allow for it, but we will get it accomplished, now that I have an electric hedge trimmer and some other tools.  Andrew was supposed to do it, but he has been too busy.  So, we'll get it done together.

Dylan has been disappointed by friends lately.  I'm trying to help develop some healthy friendships.  He was out playing with the neighborhood kids tonight, after we went to the park to practice kicking the football.  We got a lego magazine in the mail today.  It had a free DVD in it.  We are watching it now.  Not a bad little DVD for free...ok, being part of the lego club.  But, they have never sent anything like this before.  This is regular tv worthy quality.  Good marketing, I guess.

Dylan has agreed to do some chores in exchange for me buying some books from his book order forms from school.  He realizes I need some help and can't do everything.  He agreed to a few regular chores and said he wants to do more.  We'll see.

Dylan continues to say he feels like he is fatherless.....his dad isn't his dad....etc.  All Gary does is yell at him and he doesn't want to visit.  He isn't ready to stand up in front of Gary and Jeannie to tell them how he feels. He has tried, but is always disciplined / corrected / put down.  At least he is here with me most of the time.

Kent just got approval for most of the week (exception of 2 days) for Christmas when his girls will be here!  We have been told up until tonight that he might only get 2 days OFF!  He has to work Thanksgiving to get this deal.  I agreed it was worth it!  He got school picture order form for his girls in the mail the other day.  He showed it to me.  It has the picture example printed on the form, so you order them after they are taken.  Ashlee has changed her hair from the jet black she dyed it to a nice strawberry blonde.  She looks beautiful1  I hope she keeps that.  Sarah and Hannah look incredible, as always.

I like having the encouragement and example of the Novak's in my life.  It is making a good impact on me and Dylan and others are noticing.  I notice the most in how I respond to Gary.  He can't impact me like he has in the past.

I haven't heard from the credit cards, Gary attempted to have his name removed from liability.  I doubt they will let that happen.  He is now trying to get it accomplished on the truck.  Again, I doubt he will get it accomplished.  Funny how he is now focused on getting these things done, a year after the divorce.

Kent and I agree we need to spend less time talking about our ex-spouses.  It is hard, as it has consumed so much of my time in the past.  But, it will be healthy to move on.  He realizes he is lucky that his is out of state and we have to deal with Gary and Jeannie.  I doubt we will ever become friends, which will be fine.  I just want to stop the fighting.  I'm tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment