| Andrew & Keisha - waiting in line for Lazer Tag |
| Kids playing miniature golf with us |
| Andrew wearing Hannah's sunglasses |
| Blacklight - bowling |
Kent is such a wonderful man. I've missed our time together, while the girls have been here. But, they have realized how serious the relationship dad has. I think they saw a different side of dad too. They were on the mini roller coaster. Kent was holding Hannah's sunglasses. He decided to put them on to see if the kids noticed. They were all on the coaster and one by one noticed Kent. They were laughing, we were laughing. Then, when Andrew got off the coaster, he put on Hannah's sunglasses. They were bright neon yellow. My cheeks hurt from smiling, just from the memories, let alone the day.
The girls left yesterday morning. Kent came over for supper with us, as he didn't want to be alone in his house. We finally got some alone time between us. I had missed his kisses.
Andrew is really enjoying his new job and continues to get As on all of his tests and assignments at school. Keisha helps around the house. It goes better when I give her a list of things to accomplish. She got a clean bill of health from her OBGYN yesterday. She is waiting to get a car so that she can travel for work and a GED. She claims it is too hot to ride a bike or walk. She also claims she is starting depression. I told her to make appointments and I'll ensure she gets there. I really think she only wants to be a housewife and a mom. I'm not sure how to motivate her.
They are talking about moving to Florida after Andrew graduates. But, that is two years away. A lot of options / opportunities can present themselves. They are both legally separated. Andrew will be divorced by the end of the year. I believe Keisha will be divorced sometime next year. They will have to figure out benefits. I can't over mother them and I'm tired of trying to suggest things. I guess they will learn by the law of hard-knocks.
Andrew has taken out a student loan to help with living expenses. I'm worried he is getting too far in debt with little help from Keisha. Granted, she is bringing in $450 from the legal separation decree. But, that won't last.

No comments:
Post a Comment