Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Better

Talking with Vicki via e-mail today, starting with my previous post.  She helped me get back on task and focused.  Gary put such a level of insecurity on me.  Kent treats me so well.  I know no marriage is Cinderella (live happily ever after when you walk down the isle).  I know there are quirks that I will need to tolerate, as Kent will tolerate of me.  One will be my snoring at night....it is horrible.  No, there is no commitment on the table right now.  No marriage proposal.  I'm not pushing for one either.  I just realize that Kent and I are in a very serious relationship, with a foundation of Christ.  Thank you, dear Jesus!

Gary continues to damage his relationship with the boys.  He will have to deal with that when he ages and wants time with his boys and their families.  They won't have a desire to seek him out.  They long for time with me and Kent....to the point that we need to carve out time for us.

My relationship with Gary could be worse.  I've heard horror stories and I need to count my blessings.  I need to continue on focusing to be a parent that Christ wants me to be to my boys.  I refuse to compete with Gary or compare our parenting styles.  Dylan will be the one to make up his mind about his parents.  I pray that he has a good relationship with both.  However, I will be in charge of doing my best for me.  I will not put Gary down in front of Dylan, nor any other time (as much as possible).  It is wasted breathe and does no one good.

Thank you, dear Jesus, for Kent.  Please bless our relationship and future.

No comments:

Post a Comment