Well, it has been a tough week.
(1) Andrew and Keisha lost their baby. The heartbeat stopped before pregnancy could be terminated. The baby had trisomy 13, no chance at life. Aiden Lee Hartman born/died Aug 1. We go to the funeral home for final arrangements today. Not sure if there will be a service or not.
(2) Gary and I met in court over child support. The negotiator averaged Gary's overtime to include it. Gary didn't like it, we went to the judge. The judge threw the overtime out. My lawyer was shocked that the judge did that. So, Gary is prideful of being 'right'. That is ok, I got court records that state that Gary agrees to 1/2 child care year round. He was only paying for 6 days a month during the school year.
(3) I was told at work that 5-6 people have complained to my boss that I have been condescending, moody, always right, doesn't want to listen, etc. The complaints have come in over the last 2 months - the same amount of time I've know about the court situation with Gary. It was not a formal meeting with my boss. He wanted to talk with me so that I was aware of it and to make changes...no apologies, just changes. He said my track record proves otherwise and is not going to take 2 months of complaints vs the 6.5 years I've already worked for him.
(4) A little stress with Andrew and Keisha on house rules / respect. I was able to vent a bit and they have made changes. They want to stay here and they are making improvements, which I appreciate.
However, on the good note, I've been meeting Kent's girls this week. Hannah (12 yr old) and Sarah (15 yr old) came for the visitation. Ashlee (16 yr old) stayed home. After one day, they talked with their sister and she changed her mind. Ashlee asked her dad if she could come. Kent checked airfares, but it was too expensive. I guess she wasn't planning to come for Christmas either. She has changed her mind and will be here for Christmas.
We went to Payson for a hike and water fun on Thursday. It was hot and I didn't bring water (stupid mom!). But, I did bring juice boxes, I just to walk back to the truck to get them for the gang. Sarah and Dylan got into a mud / water fight and she did good. I encouraged Sarah and Dylan thought that was funny.
(Pic - Dylan trying to cool off without getting into the water - splashing water on to himself - Sarah in the background)
(Pic - I LOVE this picture! Kent, Hannah, Sarah, Dylan)
(Pic - this is where we played Apples to Apples that day)
We've so much fun in the pool and playing Wii. We've watched some movies at my place. We are going to see the Smurfs this afternoon.
Yes, I'm getting along with the girls wonderfully. I'm also catching a smile of approval from Kent's mom as she watches me interact with the girls. No hugs exchanged with the girls. We'll see when we say our good-byes next weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment