Keisha's 2nd attempt at passing the driving exam to get her permit was a success. She has her permit. Now, we need to get the car running again and get her on the insurance policy. Ok, not 'we' ... Andrew.
Andrew spotted a diesel truck - 2006 dodge ram 3500. The sales guy had him sold that he would be able to get his kelley blue book trade-in value. The sales guy's boss had a different number in his head.....$9k less. So, we tried to refinance my truck. No go. Well, at least we tried and Andrew learned a hard lesson today.
I did share some of the specifics of my financial situation with Kent. He shared a bit with me. So, we are definitely getting more comfortable with each other.
Well, I worked from home today. When Keisha got home, she was stressed out and exhausted. She watched TV and rested most of the day. I had to do the hand-wash dishes left from the weekend. However, she came down all excited / motivated to start research on the GED and when she can practice driving. Getting a job would be good too. As far as I am concerned, 3 months is what they have to get Keisha a job to warrant the car.
I might have a house full for Christmas. I'm trying to convince my mom to come for Christmas as Andrew will be off from school, I'll have Dylan, Kent's girls will be here...Andrew's friend - Gary will be here with possibly another person who can assist in driving Gary here for Christmas. Andrew spent a Christmas on the East Coast with Gary's family. So, I want to return the favor.
Dylan told me on the way to school this morning that Gary 'instructed him' on the way to their church this weekend. Gary said 'this is not CCV - you can not touch a ball, bounce a ball, or throw a ball'. Dylan started to cry. He cried in front of Gary when he said this too. Gary told him to stop crying or he would pull off the side of the road....which means, he would continue to yell at Dylan and possibly taking him out of the car and swat his butt. I just work with Dylan on how to handle Gary's comments and his emotions. Dylan is already learning to hold things back from Gary. Dylan knows he can trust me and he continues to confide in me.
Prayers for my world. I pray for Andrew's eyes to be open and his heart focused on Christ. I pray for motivation within Keisha and her heart to soften to accept Christ. I pray for Kent and my relationship to strengthen. I pray for Dylan and his tender heart to be strong in learning how to deal with his Dad and his comments. Please guide me, Lord, to be there for Dylan. Grant me the right words and attention for Dylan.

No comments:
Post a Comment