And the inconvenience begins! Dylan stayed overnight last night with Gary. When I picked Dylan up he was crying and happy to see me. He had a bad morning with Gary. Gary yelled at him most of the morning. He woke at 5:30am, so that they could get on the road. He also slammed Dylan's breakfast down and yelled while making his lunch. Gary told Dylan that it was a very important trip to San Diego this weekend for them. Ah HA! It was an 'anniversary' of their first trip together as a couple. I remember the pictures of San Diego I saw on Gary's facebook albums ... the 'girl' was missing from the pictures. But, the 'we' was not missing from the description in the pictures.
Oh well, they deserve each other. I'm just sorry that Dylan had such a rough time with his dad. He didn't take his cell phone to stay in touch with me. He said he always wanted to take it from now on. Poor guy!
I think my friend (Vicki) is right....it is a matter of time before Gary's involvement dwindles again....once he has established a new life with Jeanie. But, I think Jeanie is using Dylan to fill her empty nest syndrome. Her boys are in the process of moving out. This could get interesting.
I did ask Dylan if he had pictures in his room at Dad's. He said no. I asked him if he wanted to take some from our house to put in his room there. He was shocked and said no, mom. I guess he doesn't feel welcomed or an ownership of anything there at this point.
I'm taking notes to make sure we don't repeat these mistakes with Kent's girls when they visit. I want them to feel welcome and ownership of their rooms that Kent has provided for them.
Keisha and I had a good talk tonight. We agreed we've had a few bumps, but all in all we are doing pretty good considering the family unit we have under one roof. I do question her beliefs. But, I will get into that discussion another day.
My sinuses are acting up. I pray I'm not coming down with the cold that the kids had the last 3 weeks. I don't want to be sick.

No comments:
Post a Comment