The new sermon series at church is going to be incredible. But, when hasn't a series been incredible at church?! I love this church! It is so encouraging and it stirs in me what I need for my life. I pray for continued blessings on this church.
Yes, the sermon touched my heart this weekend. I am letting go and letting God take the wheel.
I did some yard work Saturday morning before Dylan's football game. I was on a ladder and reaching for the branches on this bush that needed a huge trim, per the landlord. I thought I was doing pretty good, until I sat down to watch Dylan's football game. I was sure I was going to be sore on Sunday.
Even after preaching to the kids about not messing around with prescription medication, I took one of Andrew's oxycodones. WRONG thing to do! I had all of the side effects for the next 8 hours. Dizziness, vomiting, sleeplessness, the works! Saturday afternoon/evening was not good.
Luckily, Sunday was better. I enjoyed time with Kent's family and his brother's wife's family. I realized how much I missed family and question the legacy I am leaving for my boys on the sense of family. We have been on our own and away from constant family interaction for 12 years. Andrew has a sense of family, from the first 10 years (prior to marrying Gary). But, Dylan is getting exposed to this after the divorce with the two new extended families.
I got to pick up Dylan at Gary's. I had not even driven by his new home before. I wasn't scared in the neighborhood, but it was run down. Gary and I had never lived in anything to this level (low) before. Curtains were torn in the front windows, blankets being used as curtains, the front yard and house needed attention. Gary had been there since July. He usually would have been all over it. Jeannie must have a very tight leash on him for bills. Dylan tells me there are wholes in CJ's bedroom door, multiple walls have holes and there is a hole in the wall in the kitchen. This is less than $200 to get fixed. Gary would have normally been all over it. I guess Gary is listening to rap music now, to bond with CJ....who has moved out and into his own apartment. I don't know this man!
My right shoulder was hurting a bit, when I went to sleep Sunday. However, I did not sleep well. I woke Monday to huge pain in my right shoulder and arm. I went to the chiropractor in tears. My hips, back, shoulders, and neck were out of alignment. They ultrasounded my entire right arm. I have bursitis in my right shoulder and am on/off ice every 15 min.
I made lunch for myself on Monday, which hurt like heck. Kent came over and made supper for me and Dylan. Dylan helped too. We all had fun.
I am home again today, working a bit, buy icing my shoulder more. I'm on Alieve for the pain and inflammation, which helps. I'll work from home on Wednesday too. I have some meetings I have to go in for on Thursday.
Keisha slept most of the day yesterday. She is up and working on GED studying this morning, which I am proud of her. She heard back from TGI Fridays. It looks like she is going to be interviewed. I hope she can get the job. I hope she gets some time behind the wheel, so that she can get her license. Otherwise, I hope she is looking at the bikes to make sure there is one that will meet her needs until she can get her license.
Andrew starts his new job next week at a shop on Bell and Grand. He'll get some wrench time, which he is anxious to do.
It seems their friends' relationships are all in turmoil and drama. I pray for peace for everyone. It is in your hands, Father.

No comments:
Post a Comment