Saturday, October 15, 2011

God's place

I even talked with Kent this past weekend as to how I had strayed from doing my daily devotional with God every morning.  With e-mails from Gary/Jeanie in regards to Dylan (attacks on my child and me), the frustration experienced by Andrew (attacks on my child), the frustration of dealing with Keisha (attacks on me and my child), and the stress of work (attacks on me); the weight is so great.  The only answer is to seek God.  Of course, He is no genie in a bottle/lamp.  I am to be at His feet on a daily basis, which I have strayed from doing. This morning, I was brought to tears.  Of course, my heavenly Father had provided to allow Vicki to be available to me (and Brian) to give their encouragement, insight, and prayers.  Thank you!

I have been doing laundry and will do the yard next.  But, the last 30 minutes, I have been reading Isaiah 46-52. I'll read more this afternoon.  What encouragement and affirmation that I need to trust in Him.  Through Him all things are possible.  How we try and fix things ourselves, when He is more than capable to be there for all of his children when they need Him the most.

I have been called to provide that gift for my kids.  God has granted me enough to rent a larger house for my kids (yes, Keisha is included in that term).  Through His blessings of a wonderful job, I am able to just pay the bills for this very comfortable home.  Granted, I am living paycheck to paycheck and not paying off the debt at the rate I would prefer.  But, He will provide and He has a plan.  Yes, I would appreciate more gratitude from the kids on the sacrifices I am doing to provide for them.  Why am I any different?  My heavenly Father wishes the same thing.  He has been there for me throughout my life.  He has provided for me and made sure that things would turn out ok.

I know I am being attacked (by Satan) because I must be making an impact on someone or multiple people's lives and he doesn't want it to continue.  I will continue to love on my kids (yes, this includes Keisha) to make sure they know they are loved and are in a very safe environment.  Sometimes, I think I should take them on a 'field trip' to Southern Phoenix to see the problems that others who are not as fortunate as we are face.  We live in such luxury and it is being taken advantage of.

We have 3 vehicles.  There are others in other parts of the world that consider us the super rich.  We have more computers than humans in our household.  We have heat, air conditioning, and running water.   There are 3 tvs in our home.  We have such comfort.  Why can't there be peace in the home as well?

I need to continue to seek God and ask for His protection on everyone, guidance for issue resolution, and continued fortune.  I pray to learn from this adversity and for the kids to also learn from this.

What a full-on attack this week, on the heels of such a wonderful weekend with Kent, that showed me how strong our relationship is and that we are building it on a foundation of our shared love of Christ.  Kent and I will face trials in our future.  I'm just glad we share in our faith with Christ.

It is just amazing to me how others go through such trials without any faith in Christ to help them through the trials and to grow stronger.

These are not my accomplishments, but blessings given to me by my Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment