I'm getting better every day. I shifted into 'project manager' mode when I first received the e-mail from Gary about wanting the divorce. I had so much to accomplish with the house and downsizing, let alone starting the divorce paperwork. I know, why didn't I make Gary do some of it? Control. I like it. :-) My flaw. I wanted the divorce paperwork done right (he wanted to do it himself without a lawyer - NOT). He didn't see where there was a lot to do to downsize. After seeing the totals from the garage sale, I think he sees that he messed up. No, I didn't go 50/50 with the proceeds.
The divorce should be final later this month. Gary continues to give excuses on why he can't see / care for Dylan on his assigned days. I've put my foot down on a few of them, as I can't 'force' him to visit his son. Also, he is really messing up with Andrew. They have yet to talk on the phone since Andrew was here and met with Gary back in June. Gary needs to be the adult and pick up the phone and reach out to Andrew. The longer he waits, the harder it is going to be for them and the less chance of a long-term relationship. Andrew is about ready to just turn his back on Gary. The only thing stopping him is me (encouragement to talk with Gary) and the fact that Dylan is involved.
Friends tell me I am looking good. I still don't like what happened. But, I don't want to force Gary back (which I wouldn't be able to anyway). I need to move on and stop trying to figure out what happened.
I start my DivorceCare support group tomorrow night for 13 nights. It is through church. I'm looking forward to it. God's timing is perfect, even in the midst of our storms.

No comments:
Post a Comment