Tuesday, July 19, 2011

For everything there is a reason....

Things are going so well with me and Kent.  I feel so alive and free, a true partnership, open communication, and family interaction.  I get along with his folks, which is a welcomed change.  Kent and the boys played with squish ball fights on Monday.  It was fun seeing them interact as if they have lived together for years.....ok a couple of months.  Yep, it has been 3 months since our first date.

Gary told Dylan that he didn't want to be bothered during his honeymoon.  So, Dylan hasn't been texting him.  I'm not sure where Dylan's house key is, but we may be able to make other arrangements instead of the key being in his possession all the time.

Andrew got some good news today.  His sign-on bonus with the military was education.  With the GI Bill, we weren't sure if there was a cash value to it.  Well, there is, sort of.  It can go towards living expenses vs tuition.  That is another $450/month income for him.  Also, by starting UTI in July vs Aug, he hit the previous fiscal year of the GI Bill.  So, he got another $1,000 for books that he didn't expect.

The thing that hurt was that there is about $2,000 that is going to be finally coming in.  He wanted to throw me only $500 when I am floating 3 months of rent and utilities for him (to the tune of over $1,800).  I told him that wasn't acceptable and he understood.  I will be getting at least half of it.  I was only suppose to have to float one month of rent and utilities.  Argh!  Raising older children.

What did help is that I got a check from my mom.  Instead of paying inheritance tax after she goes, she is slowly staying under the radar and 'dribbling' the inheritance to me and my brothers.  It was only a few hundred, but it did help, considering no other income is coming in.

I go to court against Gary on Aug 5 to go for more child support.  He is declaring his overtime as not expected.  I'm bringing 4 years of tax records, instead of the requested 2, to show a pattern of 'expected' overtime.  I spent $750 for the lawyer to challenge the child support.  If the overtime doesn't get considered, I could be looking at the same amount of child support I am getting now instead of an increase, thus throwing the $750 away.

I learned that the amniocentesis is 99.9% accurate in identifying the chromosome 13 and 18 deformities, both are not compatible for life.  I know God is a God of miracles.  I know every life is precious.  Please guide Andrew and Keisha in their decision.

I'm trying, Lord.  Help me be a good steward of the blessings you give me.  I am trying to learn patience, but you know I struggle with that.  I've learned not to pray for more patience.  Thank you for my boys and Kent. Help me to know how to interact and learn to know Kent's girls when they are here.

There are times I long for solitude.  There is so much activity around here and very little privacy.  I know, there are going to be days in my future when I will  long for these days of activity.  I need to rejoice that my boys want to be with me.  I guess I need to get back into the Word, which I did tonight.  It felt good!  It is what I am missing, time with Him.

Everything happens for a reason.  Thank you, God, for your infinite wisdom and guidance.....let alone your multiple blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment