Andrew and Keisha are terminating their pregnancy this weekend, at least attempting. The amniocentesis test was positive for the trisome-13, which is not favorable for life. There is no chance the baby will live, if it goes full term. She is 19 weeks, this weekend.
Thursday, she was to have the rods put in to her cervix in the doctor's office (9am) to start dilation. The pharmacy said the doctor couldn't do it in his office and had to go to the hospital. Due to confirmation of policy, procedures, new staff, consent forms, etc. the procedure wasn't done until about 5pm. She had a lot of pain and was kept over night. The 2nd half of the procedure was completed Friday morning. She was released around noon.
Due to Andrew's school schedule, I've taken time off from work to be with Keisha, so that Andrew will focus on school. Keisha's mom arrived late Thursday night. She is a nice lady and we seem to get along.
I plan on still going on my outing with Kent, his girls, their cousin, and Dylan all day Sunday. Kent's girls are here on visitation for 2 weeks. I'm not going to stop my life because of this and hope I am not selfish.
I am really struggling with this. There are so many people that are 'bending' for support for them. It is almost overwhelming. I feel like I have gone through so much and have had to do it alone, to make sure I keep priorities straight and be able to provide for my family. The kids almost feel like they are entitled to rights.
I just found out that Andrew hasn't been filing his unemployment weekly claims and is wondering why the money isn't showing up. Argh! I told him he has to do weekly claims. Also, he has gone to the VA to start his benefits several times. He keeps forgetting his discharge paperwork.
They went to the hospital to start the contractions. So, there are consent forms that still are not right. They have to wait 24 hours once we get them signed appropriately. So, they are back home after 3 hours at the hospital. I guess Andrew talked with the doctor, who is up in the mountains. I'm hoping he can sign the paperwork via fax so that this can be done tomorrow.
Andrew is flipping out as he is going to start his new job Monday morning, a new cycle at school Monday afternoon, yet wants to be there for Keisha. I'm thinking, tough! She has her mom here. Andrew needs to focus on the long-term impact of their future.
It is drama.
I guess the doctor is headed back into town. Whether he is going to meet them to sign the paperwork tonight, so that she can go in tomorrow night, or not is unknown. Also, her cervix is open and she is now running a fever. No anti-biotic is prescribed. Dang it!
Prayers for patience for me too.
I have to go get some work done so that I have more time to take off next week to help the kids get things accomplished.

No comments:
Post a Comment