Friday, July 22, 2011

Thoughts.....alone

Dylan is with his dad for a week - his last week of the Summer with his dad and new step-mom.  Andrew and Keisha are out with 2 other couples.  I'm glad they are making friends and I pray they are good friends.

I'm in the house alone.  I think this is the first time, since we moved in.  I'm definitely getting some peace.  The kids cleaned the house.  Laundry needs to be done.  I'll start that soon/next.

I knew I shouldn't wish for time alone.  I love activity and thrive on it.  Yet, it is nice to slow down and just have peace, quiet, calm.

This is such a different experience.  I almost had gotten use to the times without Dylan around, before Andrew and Keisha came.  I haven't had to deal with that for awhile.  I've always had Andrew or Dylan around.  When the visitations with his dad started and I had to be alone, it was scary for me.  23 years of always having someone around.  I guess you get use to it and find ways of surviving.  I'm just not so good at it, yet.

5-6 years ago, Kent had to watch his whole family move away from Arizona.  At least my alone time is temporary. His patience and sacrifice to not fight with his ex-wife and find compromise to see his daughters a few times a year, is unbelievable to me.

We are human and we let each other down, mostly unintentionally.  I know that is what I am struggling with, in conjunction with my kids.  I've gotten too deep into work lately and it has impacted my relationships with my kids.  This time alone is making me refocus and re-prioritize again.  It is reminding me why I left the private sector.....to be able to focus on the real things of life.  

Other countries, people work to live.  Here in the USA, we live to work.  I sat at the table last night with two people who had recently retired.  They were bored and wanted to come back to work.  They were looking for leads to get back into the workforce.  I so want to live and enjoy this beautiful world that God has given us.  I get so wrapped up on 'stuff', that I forget that.  God slows me down (today) to help remind me of the true purpose in life....our relationships and the legacy we leave behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment