Friday, July 1, 2011

Traveling - Update on Dylan

Traveling
The airport is still open and they are working hard to keep it that way.  We have checked in for our flights and will be leaving in a couple of hours for the airport.  Everyone is excited.  I'm so glad Kent is going with.

The flooding is still happening in the midwest and levees are still failing up and down the Missouri River.  Houses and farm ground are being ravaged by the mighty currents.

Update on Dylan
Dylan sobbed in my arms last night again.  This is the 2nd time this Summer after returning from Gary's care.  He was thumped on the head to get his attention by dad.  This really upset him, as he has a tender heart.  He told me last night that he wished that dad didn't have to take so much time away from him (as in away from his house - where I live).  Most of July he will be with us.  So, we'll see if that helps.  June he spent 2 weeks with Gary and 2 weeks at camp.  So, he spent a lot of time away from us.   He has one more week with Gary this summer before school starts Aug 8.  I'm not sure at what age Dylan can voice his opinion in seeing his dad or not.  For right now, I need to encourage that he spend some time with his dad.  With Andrew around, Andrew has successfully trimmed hours here and there from Gary's time.  Dylan calls me every morning when he is with his dad.  He doesn't ask me to call his dad when he is with me.

I signed him up for flag football instead of soccer this fall.  He was at a sports day camp this week and was able to try it out.  He liked it a lot.  He is built more for football vs soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment