Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New steps

Well, it is official. Both Gary and I have signed the first set of papers to dissolve our marriage. It will take 64 (+or-) days to get it finalized. Gary has moved into a 1 bedroom mobile home. Saturday, I helped him move furniture into the place. Sunday morning, he came to get my house functional again.

Dylan (our 8 yr old son) was told of the impending divorce Saturday morning. Then, confusion because his mom and dad were working well together to move dad's furniture. Sunday, he realized that the cat was gone. Some gracious friends have adopted him and it is going very well. Monday, some additional gracious friends have adopted our dog. So, it was a rough 3 days for Dylan.

I am still taking it personal about the divorce. I wonder what I did to drive him so hard away from me and why he didn't want to talk with me about it.

The fish will be sold next week. I just need to get rid of the hot tub and the big stuff will be gone. The new tenants for the house were approved Monday morning. I'll start the process of applying for and getting a lease on a smaller place. We'll move the end of the August, hopefully.

Now, it is the process of thinning things out, marking things for a garage sale, and packing for the new place. Gary has agreed that Dylan should stay with me through the school year and he see him every other weekend. One week away from Dylan was too long for me. I'm judging Gary, but feel sorry for him. Wherever he is (mentally / emotionally / spiritually) just doesn't make sense to me.

I told Andrew on Sunday. He wasn't happy. His first reaction was "Dad lied to me". I guess Andrew had the impression, based upon the conversation he had with Dad when he was here in June, that there was a very good chance for reconciliation. I can't believe the damage that is being done between Gary and the two boys. I'm having to answer some very tough questions and strike a balance to not sound like I am blaming Gary.

I'm glad I am on the anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication to help deal with the stress (emotional, mental, physical). Dylan sees the counselor on Thursday. It is with someone who is familiar with him.

I showed Dylan the place I was hoping to lease. That seemed to help him, since there was a physical place to look forward to. I'm going to try and involve him as much as possible. It will involve a change in schools, but it is the new school that is resulting from splitting his old school. So, his friends will be in both schools (1/2 in each). He took that much better than I expected. Thank you Jesus!

I've been saying that a lot lately...THANK YOU JESUS! I pray that He continues to go before me and to light my path.

Thank you to all of my friends and prayer warriors for helping me through this. Continue to pray for Gary to have his eyes opened and his heart healed. I hope he finds happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment