Through the years we collected more 'stuff' than I want to admit. Gary has taken the stuff he wants to his new place. I'm left with the rest and trying to sell everything else. Then, my air conditioner for the top floor (we have one for each floor here in Arizona) gives out. We are sleeping on couches, as it is too hot upstairs to sleep.
I spoke with Andrew this weekend. He is hurt, as Gary hasn't tried to communicate with him at all. He is turning pretty bitter. He offered to bring the entire base/company (military) over to help me move (smile - it was a joke - but, I wouldn't put it past him). I told him I will be down to a lot less and won't need THAT much help. But, he is going to be here to help me the weekend I move. It will be really nice to have him around to help with getting things organized and put away, at least arranged properly. I will hear this Wednesday if I have been approved for the condo I've applied to rent.
It is slow process going through the house and identifying things to sell on the garage sale (in only 3 weeks) and then the move (in only 4 weeks). But, I've got a good start. Dylan was a huge help today. We went through his toys and got them sorted.
Some friends will come over and stay the night before the garage sale, in order to help with the set-up and opening.
With it being so hot in the house, I'm pretty wiped out. I'll probably head to bed early tonight.
Gary did say he was going to go to church with his friends this morning. Makes me wonder how long this lie has been going on, if he has different friends than what we shared and they are comfortable enough to invite him to church. It is sad that he doesn't want to see Dylan that much throughout the school year.....because he moved too far away from school and it would be too far to get him to/from school the weeks he would have him. He is damaging the relationship with Dylan. I'm not doing it.
Thank you for the continued prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment