Saturday, July 10, 2010

Psalm 8 / Bigger place

O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! .... When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet; all flocks and herds, the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Who are we to think we have / deserve anything? God chose us and gave us such an incredible position here on earth. We keep messing it up.

In today's readings in 1 Chronicles, yet again a family tree was wiped out because they sought a seer / a medium to gain advice vs going to God and seeking his advice and counsel.

Gary has been looking at getting a bigger place / rental than the RV. I realize that it is a small option to live out of, especially in the heat here. But, we can't afford 2 full size rentals. We signed a 3 year lease on the house and are only half way through. We can't walk away from the lease contract without paying for it in full. I sent a 'financial reality check' e-mail to Gary to explain our situation and what a bigger place for him would mean. I also explained our state's divorce / separation laws, which would really put him in a huge bind. I did it all factual, leaving as much emotion, anger, and sadness out of the e-mail. He turned around and told me (all via e-mail) that he had thought about it and was just voicing options / thoughts and he was fine in the RV.

We are trying a 50/50 split of visitation with Dylan this month, one week at each parent. I don't know if I can handle Dylan being gone that much.

Dear Lord, please be with me, carry me through this. Guide me to make the decisions / actions you wish for me to do, even if that is nothing. It is difficult at times to be patient. I get angry, but I try and not feed it. I could lash out, but I wait. Thank you for the friends that are supporting both Gary and I. The prayers continue for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment