Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Struggle

It is such a struggle working through this. Patience is not a strength for me. I was advised that I can not control Gary. There is some wise words from someone who knows me. I need to give him his space and allow him to make his decision. Based upon his decision, I will then have a decision to make.

The trust is really broken. We will have a lot of rebuilding to do. Through Christ, it will/can be possible. Friends have gone through worst. The thing that bugs me right now is the uncertainty of the future. However, did I really have any certainty for the future? I guess I should chill out. I am given only one day at a time. God grants and freely distributes grace, a day at a time. Just like the Israelites in the desert. They were given manna in the morning for the day. They were to gather only enough for the day. Anything more and it was really bad the next morning.

God's patience with us must be so vast. Here I am, being as stubborn as the stories captured in the Old Testament. Yet, more proof that God has humor.

God, grant me peace to wait patiently for Gary's decision. I pray for him and his counselor to work through these 'things'. Work in his heart and soul, dear Jesus. I made a commitment to Gary to work through the tough times. I will. I guess that means I need to wait, right now. I'll work on me, while I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment