Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Nerves

I have a big meeting with my boss tomorrow - I guess it would be later today, as it is now after mid-night.  I've presented a proposal to him to work remotely, so that I could live near my family and still have the job I do - I love working for him and enjoy my job.  I've worked for some really bad managers in the past.  The only thing you know about a new job is how much you are going to make.  The hours, work environment, temperament of your boss, etc, are all unknowns before you start the job.  I have done some pretty thorough interviews, interviewing the interviewers for positions and have really been lied to.

God, please grant me sleep tonight so that I can be fresh for this meeting.  Be with my boss in this decision and discussion.  Provide clarity and direction in my life.  Let it be your will, Lord, not mine.  I'm at peace with either decision (just can't sleep - smile).  Thank you for the friends who have stepped forward with support (and sadness) for this possibility.  Hold me in your arms, dear Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment