Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tour Guide

My mom is here to visit during Fall Break.  She is from Nebraska.  So, I am playing tour guide.  We realized that previously, while married to Gary, mom and I didn't really speak up about what we wanted to do, where we wanted to go, let alone be able to shop together.

I had reserved the timeshare / condo at Lake Havasu City for this week (before the divorce).  Andrew was able to make it for the weekend as well.  Ok, I am NOT in my full glory in this picture, but the 4 of us our together.  First time since Dad's funeral - 2 years ago.  We were there Sat - Mon.

We went to Sedona today, for a day trip (Tues).  The last time we were there, Gary was driving and we didn't stop.  Wow!  Did we miss a lot!  I WILL be going back and maybe by myself to hike the weekend when Dylan is with Dad.  I think I have found where I am going to spend Thanksgiving and New Year's weekends!  :-)

We went shopping in Sedona!  The little arts & crafts village on Hwy 179 is beautiful and quiet!  We found a quilt store and went nuts!  Ok, we bought patterns.  We'll hit JoAnn's Fabrics (cheaper material / fabric) tomorrow.  :-)  Mom was a trooper for letting me do a lot of sight seeing too.  I took notes on when I go back to want to hike!  I'll get this body back into shape yet!

The Vortexes that are around Sedona really had a positive impact on me.  God made the earth and universe, so, He mad these as well.  It felt good to go to Sedona!

No comments:

Post a Comment