Well, I just have the office to put together. Most everything else is in-place. I'll be home tomorrow, as I have to be around for Direct TV to show up and do the hook-up.
Dylan is sleeping in his own bed. First time for almost 2 months...due to the divorce / separation. The house is smaller and doesn't seem so 'scary'. We walked the house and made sure all the locks were in place. He has to get use to the noises of the new house.
With the kids here for moving yesterday and a friend over this afternoon to play with him while I was unpacking, there is laughter in the house. I needed to hear that, and I think Dylan did too....to have fun in his house again.
Andrew is helping someone unload / move tonight (14' U-Haul trailer). So, he is getting his share and it makes me feel that he needed to be there to help them. It will be wonderful to see him again in a couple of weeks.
I'm still overwhelmed with the out-pouring of love and support (emotional and physical) from everyone this weekend. I really consider this weekend to be the first steps towards healing. I know. The divorce isn't final yet. But, I need to start looking forward. The mandatory waiting period won't be up until Sept 18. Then, we sign the papers and submit them for the commissioner to sign-off. Then, it is final.
I start Divorce Care (ministry through my church), Sept 8. It is 13 weeks. One step at a time.
Thank you for carrying me, dear Jesus, through these tough times. Thank you for placing the friends in my life to help me through this. I love them all so dearly. Please send showers of blessings into their lives. Help Dylan and Andrew heal, when it is the right time for each of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment