Saturday, January 15, 2011

Church

Well, I just resigned from the media team.  I will satisfy the commitments to serve tomorrow and Jan 30.  But, have requested that I not be scheduled for the future.  Dylan and I had a wonderful experience at CCV tonight.  If felt good to have a fresh start and worship without memories flooding in.  Dylan's experience was also off the hook.  He talked the whole way home.

I want to continue my friendships established at Palm Valley, if they allow me to.  I do feel guilty that I will be taken as turning my back on the people that helped pray for me, support me, move me, in a most difficult time.  I pray for their acceptance, support, and understanding with my decision.

I may even find a home to purchase up near CCV, as the Deer Valley school district is pretty good.  One day at a time.

The fresh start is the 'break' I think I am craving without the full up-rooting of our life.  I've contemplated leaving Arizona.  However, my boss is wonderful, I make pretty good pay, and have great benefits.  I'm able to be a career woman and a mom.  I put in 40 hours of work a week vs an average of 70.  I'm able to be there for Dylan when he needs me.  I love the weather here.  I can have a separate life from Gary here.  Maybe I am running from the memories.  My friends are very supportive and ensure I am doing ok.  I hope to be able to find time in their schedules to continue to connect.

I'm not sure how to tell them.  I don't want to do it a home team, as there are new members there.  I don't want to sway them or question their calling / commitment.  I don't want to cause any concern, however, I know it would be out of love.

Last night, we did a drive by / thru of the church to become familiar with the grounds without the pressure of causing a traffic jam at church tonight.  :-)  After that, I saw some signs for new development.  Dylan was interested, so we walked a few floor plans.  It will be next January before I can get serious about a new home, but, I think it is something I can realize, if Gary pays me off like he has told me he will.  The schools have really good 'report cards' via the Az Dept of Education.  There are neighborhood groups (similar to PVC's home teams / small groups) around here for CCV.  So, I'm open to whatever God has in store for us. I really feel like He is calling us to attend up there.

It will be a bit scary to establish new friends, but, God is good and will move the right people together.  I'm ready to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment