Sunday, January 16, 2011

Debt

Good sermon this morning!  Yes, I had to serve at the church I am leaving.  I don't want to make this sound 'bad mouthing' and Pastor G did state that it was something he didn't recommend, so, I should be ok with the following.  He repeatedly states that the church started out by several people putting in their credit cards and 2nd mortgages to start the church.  There was a lot of pressure and stress to succeed at starting the church.  It isn't the best way to really start a church, but it has worked, so far, for them.

Debt can do such damage to a family / individual.  Living below our means is better and more life changing.  David Ramsey is right with the debt snowball and getting to debt free.  Once Gary pays me off, all I'll have left is the truck.  I plan on working on that loan so hard, and to start building for a down payment on a home for Dylan and I.

I'll be able to do that and still provide for Dylan, including his wishes....maybe not all of them. (Smile)

I had to pay for the 6 months of truck insurance.  Without Gary on the policy, my premium was 1/2!   His accidents and speeding tickets are nuts.  I should have taken him off back in July and would have had a chunk of money.  Oh well, live and learn.

This morning, I again, got a confirmation that my decision is from God.  The friendships on the team are great, but the pressure of messing up without the true level of instruction to perform is not fun and not Christ loving.  But, I don't want to judge.

Well, Dylan is having a ball playing with Kyle!  I'll have to make sure I plan these playdates more often for him.  He needs down-time with his 'peeps'.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment