Thanks to some help from some dear friends, Dylan and I went sledding north of Flagstaff, AZ. I had no clue where to go. They guided me to Wing Mountain. Dylan wanted the new Diary of a Wimpy kid book, so I stopped at Target here in town and bought it for the trip. I had to get a sled. Went to Target in Flagstaff to get a sled....SOLD OUT! Oh boy, head to the area and stop at stores along the way.....last left hand turn, we spot a sign that says 'sleds'. PULL IN! Dylan found a sled and the man was very kind. He gave us a map, as Wing Mountain was closed, as to two locations that would have snow. And, they were FREE! Just past Wing Mountain is a sign stating 'parking', turn left, you are there! Another one is 2 more miles up the road and on the right. Hmmmm....we'll have to check that one out too.
We met several others from the Phoenix Valley who were also sledding. The first run Dylan took, he wiped out big. Of course, he started with the steepest hill. We moved over to the shorter hill and he got the bug! We were there for 3.5 hours! He didn't stop once! Of course, I was smart enough to pack a pair of clean clothes and had asked my son to do the same. What did he pack? Shorts and a t-shirt. Needless to say, he was COLD! Also, he didn't pack a pair of dry underwear. So, he didn't want to change his underwear. Yep, it was wet from the snow. So, the dry shorts got wet. Heat (passenger side - thank God for 2 sides of heat control) was cranked up to 90 degrees.
We got into town and he was hungry. He worked up an appetite! I found a Mandarin buffet. He loved it! Of course, he wanted ice cream for dessert. We got back into the truck. I gave him my winter coat for a blanket. Within about 45 min, he was snoring! I snapped this picture of the sunset, as Dylan was falling asleep. Yep, I was driving. Oh, the new book I bought Dylan for the trip? He finished it....almost 300 pages!

No comments:
Post a Comment