Decisions are so much tougher now. I know, you would think being single has its advantages. I don't have someone to brainstorm with / discuss options / make final decisions with. Yes, I'm freaking out about the future. I know there are all sorts of options for me and Dylan. I sometimes fall into the 'I want the best option' and over analyze something.
A place to live / school
With attending a new church (CCV), that is up at 67th Ave and Happy Valley Road, there is an option to move up there for Dylan to go to school. However, the school he is in and will go to if we stay put are not that bad. There isn't anything 'pushing' me out of the current rental. Dylan is a 3rd grader. I argued with Gary that Dylan needed stability, thus I fought to stay in the same school district. Now, I'm thinking about doing the exact opposite.
Rent would go up only $100/month if I stay put, as of August 2011. It would then revert to a month-to-month agreement. The empty lots have been sold to a different builder, so who knows when / if building will start. There are several units available for sale (at least 2 others of my floor-plan), but like everywhere else, nothing is flying off the shelf real fast. I'll get 30 days notice if it is sold. The utilities are cheaper in the condo vs a house. From what I am told, I should be able to qualify for a loan June 2012.
There are 'neighborhoods' (small group / home team) that are in this area from CCV. He has sports options (soccer, flag football) here. I'm use to the traffic flow to/from downtown for my job. I do enjoy listening to the Luke Air Force base jets...I feel safe and close to Andrew, even if he isn't there.
I don't 'have' to move...especially right now. Dylan is getting a good education. He has one friend (Kyle) who is close by and enjoys his company. My friends are fairly close here.
I'm driving myself nuts by looking at rental opportunities, comparing 'report cards' of schools on the Az Dept of Ed website, home sales, etc. I'm such a planner and want the best. I need to let go and let God!
I think I answered my own questions....let God drive. He has the plan and will care for me. I need to let Him and focus on being there for Dylan.
For now, I'm going to plan to stay put....even after my lease is completed. I'd like the next move to be a move into a home I am purchasing. I'm tired of moving. I need to stop stressing about it and worry about the things that I need to (Dylan's state of mind and well being).
Hmmmm...blogging does work. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment