Gary dropped Dylan off on time, for a change. I explained to Dylan that he will no longer have his key to access the house. I purchased a bin that can be placed outside to store his soccer equipment, etc. whenever he is picked up by Dad. Then, they still have access to the stuff, but don't have access to the house. He understands that it is because dad is mis-using the access to the house.
Gary also tried to tell Dylan that he bought the Renaissance Tickets in November, before the soccer schedule was present. I pulled up an e-mail that I sent to Gary on 11/4/10, with the calendar / schedule attached. It had the soccer game on the calendar for Feb 26. So, Dylan saw that his dad was providing excuses and refusing to see the truth.
Dylan can see through Gary's attempt to make me look like the one causing all the problems. He is the one that mentioned it tonight. I no longer 'grill' him with questions when he comes home from dad's. I told him that I was sorry about that. He said thank you for saying it.
He is growing up so fast, unfortunately for the wrong reason. We talked about how nice it would be if dad and I would / could talk without fighting. I told him I would like that too, but it wasn't something he (Dylan) had to try and fix. It is something between me and dad.
One day at a time....I know.

No comments:
Post a Comment