Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

It was so fun!  There were over 12 adults that I met of Kent's family.  Oh, weight, not an issue.  His brother is larger than me and his dad is also heavy.  Again, letting God drive works much better!

We didn't get home until 9:30pm.  So, we are tired.  Kent's dad (John) asked if I was a hugging kind of person.  I said yes....are you asking me for a hug?  He liked the flirt.  Yes, I gave him a hug.  Then, I asked his mom (Merry Jo) if she was the hugging kind of person and she said yes.  I gave her a hug too.  She smiled.  I think I've been adopted.  :-)

It was funny.  Merry Jo asked a question.  The boys (Kent and Dale) both said 'maybe'.  She looked at me and said, 'that always means - yes'.  I thanked her for the translation and continued to tease them.  I played a card game with both of the brothers, which was fun.

Kent showed me some baby pictures of himself as well as some family reunion pictures, which included pictures of his ex-wife.  She was much shorter than I am.  I think Kent's mom and dad really liked me.

I got to hold Kent's hand, finally,  during the group prayer.

Andrew called several times.  I think he was anxious to see how things were going too.

They are definitely a bit more relaxed than I am, which is something I could / need to change.  I am an 'early arrival' type person and Kent is a 'we'll get there when we get there...sometimes a bit late'.  So, I will have to be patient.  We drove to his folk's house in his car.  Kent and Dylan raced to see who would open my door.  I think Kent really wanted to do it and Dylan beat him.  I told him thank you for the gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment