I just spoke with Andrew. Boy, life can change in an instant! Keisha is pregnant. Yes, they used protection. Andrew is on top of it. They are talking about insurance, a job for Andrew sooner rather than later, etc. Yes, they are both working on their separations from their current spouses. He told me the status update on the divorces / separations before he updated me on the pregnancy. They are going to be wonderful parents....young, but they will make it. Andrew knows what it will take.
I couldn't come unglued on Andrew. My folks didn't when I came up pregnant and single - at 23. Andrew's father walked away from me. My family welcomed me into their arms. We'll make it.
I'm going to hire the move of the furniture to be done. The little stuff can be moved as we go. Andrew and Keisha said they would help clean the kitchens and the bathrooms. So, that will help on the budget for cleaning the places. I'll have the carpets & tile professionally cleaned.
So, I guess I start figuring out what to call myself.....I'm not ready for 'grandma' at 46. 'mamma'? 'nanna'?
Well, it was a good thing I told Kent in chat about Andrew and Keisha still being married to their former spouses. I'll wait a while until I tell him about Keisha being pregnant. I need to get a bit more time under my belt with Kent before I spring that one on him.

No comments:
Post a Comment