Saturday, June 19, 2010

Holy Spirit moves

Wow! When the Holy Spirit moves, DON’T question - Just Do It! Yesterday morning at work, I put the versus of scripture on my wall at work (Jer 29:11-14 and Psalm 139). 5 min later, I asked my self "Why shouldn't I go to Forest Lakes to spend the day/evening with the camping home teams?". 5 min later, I was out the door. (Thank God I have an understanding employer to allow me to take vacation time at the last minute.) Yes, it was a 2.5 - 3 hour trip each way yesterday. But, the 8 or so hours of fellowship was SO worth it!

I was ministered to and I ministered (hopefully, with no offense taken).

Dylan and Zachary (sorry about the mis-spelling, if any) came to me that they wanted to go to the sinkhole, but they needed an adult to go with them. I declined, and then changed my mind. Ok God, you are employing so many, even the young to be your messengers. The walk to the sinkhole reminded me of the beauty of his creation. I hiked Rocky Mountain National Park near Estes Park several times through out my life. 8 day hikes by myself, 3 with my husband on our honeymoon. Those memories came rushing back and were peaceful on my heart. I sang (the boys were off exploring - I could see them, they couldn't hear me - I'm sure they appreciate that - smile) a simple song --> Father I adore you, and I lay my life before you, how I love you. (repeat replacing "Father" with "Jesus" and then one more time replacing with "Holy Spirit") It can be done in a round with a large group that is so representative of what I hope and pray Heaven will sound like.

Dylan was scared of his mom falling asleep driving home. He shared that with those of the group. I got a canned coffee, from the group, for the drive home. They put us in the middle of the circle and we were prayed upon. Gary was prayed upon as well, even though he wasn’t present. I also made (and kept) promises to text at least 2 people when we arrived home.

I pray that the home team and those I have confided in, do not judge harshly against Gary, but come beside both of us to strengthen and renew our marriage....if that is what Gary decides he wants to do. I can't force him to make that decision, but I can send / pray / request of God to move in him.

Thank you, my friends! May God continue to work through you in action and in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment