Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Patience

I am really struggling with who I am.  I’m not single, I’m not ‘really’ married.  I guess it boils down to not being patient and wanting an answer now.  Friends ask me, how long will I wait?  My answer is, how do you put a timeline on God to work a miracle?  If I push, am I giving up on God?

 

Psalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Isa 41:13 – For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Matt 11:28-30 – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Philippians 4:6 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.

1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 37:7 – Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

 

I miss Gary so much.  I don’t want to let him go, but I also realize there is a chance I might have to.

 

God, please grant me patience.  Walk beside me and carry me through this.  Work in Gary’s heart and soul to resolve this.  Allow us to come together to discuss and work things out.  This co-existence via scheduling for Dylan is not healthy.  Give me strength and grace for today.  You ask that I take on only one day at a time, even though I want to take on more.  Today, I am struggling with 15 min at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment