Last night's sermon was on Needing a Miracle. www.palmvalley.org for recorded sermons. Talk about hitting home and speaking to my heart!
Joshua 6:1-5 - The battle of Jericho. The city wall was 25 feet and high 20 feet thick! It was known throughout the territory as a very strong and impenetrable city. Imagine, Israel had to trust the Lord with the very unusual instructions on how to take this city. AND do it over 7 days. What if the walls didn't fall? They would have looked pretty stupid / silly to the area. But, God wanted to send a very clear message that he was with Israel.
(1) Draw Near to God - We have to keep in The Word Of God (aka Bible) if we are going to have a personal relationship with him. This is basic. How can we be able to hear His voice and know Him if we don't spend time with Him?
(2) Stay on the Front Lines of God's advancing kingdom - Don't be a weekend warrior for Christ. Make it evident in your life...daily life that you have Christ. You might fail and not be perfect. God doesn't call us to be perfect, Jesus did that for us. Start your day with God and you will have a peace in your heart.
(3) Take Faith Filled Action Steps - Action - don't just sit back and say 'ok God, your turn at this'. Be ready to be his hands and feet. It is a fine line between getting in His way vs helping.
(4) Ask and Trust God's response - In order for a miracle to happen, we need to ask God for it to happen. Then, we need to be ready for a response - No, Yes, or Wait.
I know I am in the 'wait' response. God is working on both Gary and I. I am changing (hopefully, for the better). When we exchanged Dylan on Saturday, we did interact a little. Gary gave me 2 hugs. They weren't the wimpy kind of hugs. There was some strength there. I wanted to stay there longer than it lasted, but I am grateful that the hugs happened.
At church last night, I ran into Eddie and his wife. I know Gary and Eddie were close in the Men's Ministry. Eddie was so excited and proud that his wife was pregnant (another girl) again. He wife was so patient, as Eddie asked me how Gary was. I'm a bad liar and I know God moved Eddie to be exactly at that place to run into me last night. So, I shared with him and broke down. I didn't send Eddie on a mission to contact Gary. He held me as a brother in Christ. I was very grateful for that. His wife is a special person to understand and support the ministry of Eddie's.
Other friends also gave me encouragement and hugs, which I appreciate. I long for the hugs. I know there is anger towards the decision that Gary has made (not at Gary). We all want to shake Gary to his senses. But, we need to allow God to do it in His way.
Matt 17:20-21 ....I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments:
Post a Comment